The updated smooth exterior gives not only a lower profile on the roof, but also provides a “cool” daylighting solution by effectively blocking heat build up and UV rays.
Huge benefits at a fraction of the price you would expect.
Flat roof, double glazed (non-opening) skylights
- Unlike acrylic or polycarbonate – laminated glass will not fade or discolour over time.
- Now available in 10 sizes
- Maintenance-free anodized heavy-gauge aluminium frame withstands the extremes of the Australian climate.
- Versatile positioning: most sizes can be used in portrait, landscape or even “diamond shape” orientation.
- High Performance double glazing as standard – blocks approx. 75% of radiant heat and gives 99% protection from UV rays.
- Requires custom-made flashing (not supplied). VELUX can assist with technical advice and drawings.
- 10 year guarantee.
- NEAT™ coating on outer pane reduces cleaning frequency.
Our range of VELUX products
VELUX FCM is one of Australia’s highest quality and most technologically advanced skylight systems.
VELUX FCM is an ideal replacements for old acrylic domes!
- Superior product for a similar price.
- High Performance glazing: Laminated inner pane, toughened outer pane.
- 3 skylight sizes can be used as direct replacements* for standard
- 400x800mm, 600x800mm and 900x900mm domes.
Available sizes – Overall throat dimension for custom-made flashing. W x Hmm.
Throat on custom-made flashing must not exceed 35mm – otherwise Gyprock, when installed, will encroach upon glass area.
- ± FCM 2270 not recommended for “landscape” orientation.
- ^ Bushfire testing applicable to 2004 glazing variant Skylight in roof pitch 0º-60º. Skylight only. Custom-flashing required.
- * VELUX recommends FCM installed at a minimum pitch of 3°-5° to prevent condensation build-up and to allow water run-off.
- † U-value and SHGC data based on AFRC simulations for 2004 glazing. (FCM complete skylight: size 1275mm x 1275mm)