When you list all the things you can do to cool your house down, often roof ventilation isn’t on the list. Few people realise how beneficial roof ventilation can be. One of the most popular ways of cooling your home is solar roof ventilation and it’s worth educating yourself so you can start reaping the benefits.
What Exactly is Solar Roof Ventilation?
Roof ventilation is the process that enables cool and fresh air to flow through your attic or roof area. Hot air is then pushed out of the space through exhaust vents strategically placed on the roof. Solar roof ventilation incorporates solar panels in the process.
5 Benefits of Roof Ventilation
Investing in roof ventilation is beneficial to the general climate of your home as well as sustaining the lifespan of your roof.
Five of the top reasons to invest in roof ventilation are as follows:
- Cooling effect: Australia has very hot, humid summers. With proper roof ventilation, your house will be cooler and provide you with some much-needed relief.
- Cost-saving: Using electrical fans or air conditioning units push up energy costs. Making use of solar powered roof ventilation will lead to a huge saving in energy costs.
- Reduces excessive moisture: Heat and moisture rise with the air. Excessive moisture build could lead to mould growth which could lead to respiratory illness, so it’s best to avoid it at all cost.
- Increase the lifespan of your roof: Roof ventilation prevents damage to your roof caused by moisture build-up. If there are wooden structures or fixtures in your roofing setup, moisture build-up could cause extensive damage. Moisture could also lead to rust on metal fittings in the roof so anything that keeps those areas dry is worth the expense.
- Quiet: If you’re one of those people that don’t like the sound that electrical fans and air conditioners make, then solar roof ventilation is the way to go.
What is Solar Star?
Powered by solar voltaic panels, Solar Star requires no electricity to function. Therefore, it isn’t necessary for an electrician to go through the complex task of getting electrical wiring up to your roof. Installation is simple and quick.
Lightweight, rust-proof polymeric fan blades are spun around by a motor that’s powered by solar panels. Hot air escapes the roof cavity through a rust-proof polymeric exhaust screen that’s connected to the unit.
Placing the panels in the area receiving the most direct sunlight will render the best results. However, booster solar panels can also be installed to ensure maximum results. Fan speed depends on the brightness of the sun.
More ventilation will ensure your home will be cooler and also have sufficient airflow to keep temperatures low and prevent excessive heat in your roof.
With the resources and expertise to supply the correct ventilation and skylight products, Belle Skylights are the right people to call! Contact us for a quote on 1300 168 374 or email us for additional information [email protected]