Are you aware that lack of proper roof ventilation can increase the temperatures inside, which results in structural damage? This is why it’s so important for Australian residents to ventilate their roof spaces. During the summer months in Australia, the temperatures can rise to 35°C and above. These warm temperatures could potentially damage your roof if you don’t have the correct ventilation. Additionally, poor roof ventilation causes moisture accumulation and mould growth.
In today’s article, we’re giving you advice on an affordable way to increase the airflow in your roof deck. Continue reading to find out more about why roof ventilation is important and an effective solution to your ventilation issues.
Why is Roof Ventilation Important?
Some homeowners don’t know that correct roof ventilation can increase property value. Its value comes from the benefits of having a ventilation system in the home for healthy living and property maintenance:
- Improves air quality in the home: Some people opt for air conditioners to improve the airflow in the home. However, AC systems can increase your electricity bill and they’re high maintenance. You can effortlessly improve the air quality in your home if you opt for solar roof ventilation.
- Longer-lasting roofs: As mentioned before, heat and moisture accumulation can damage your roof structure. Roof spaces and attics require proper ventilation to prevent corrosion or breakage. Get the ventilation system you need for a longer-lasting roof.
- Prevents mould growth: Ventilation will prevent humidity and condensation from forming in your roof and throughout your home.
- Saves on utility bills: Heaters, electric fans and HV/AC systems can increase your power bills. To save on electricity and decrease your carbon footprint, get the proper roof ventilation for your home.
What Can You Do to Improve Your Roof Ventilation?
Below we’ll look at why a Solatube Solar Star by Belle Skylights is the best way to improve your ventilation.
Solar Star Ventilation System
The innovative Solar Star is a solar panel-powered rooftop fan for roof cavity ventilation. Designed by Solatube, this solar roof ventilation device is powered entirely by solar panels and requires no electricity. This makes for easy installation and will also assist you to save on power bills. The solar panel powers fan blades mounted in the roof space. These fans draw the hot air out of the roof space helping your home maintain a comfortable and consistent climate all year round.
With summer coming, the days will become longer and temperatures will reach peak highs. Without proper ventilation, heat easily gets trapped in the roof space and can build up causing problems in your home, such as:
- Living spaces become stale and hot
- Air conditioning units will need to work harder to keep rooms cool increasing energy consumption
- Utility costs rise due to the increased energy demand
- Roof structures and materials deteriorate due to effects from excess heat and moisture
A Solar Star Roof Ventilation System solves these problems by removing excess heat from your roof space, giving you a more comfortable interior and lower energy bills.
You may be wondering ‘does a skylight improve roof space ventilation?’ Well, if you select a skylight that can open, such as the VELUX VSS, air will flow through the window however roof windows will only vent the room but provide no beneficial ventilation inside your actual roof space.
Roof ventilation is important for a number of reasons, including preventing structural damage and reducing utility costs. If you’d like to know more about roof ventilation or book a consultation, the Belle Skylights professionals are ready to assist you.
Give Belle Skylights a call today on 1300 168 374 and let us know what your requirements are so we can install the proper roof space ventilation for your home. Or request your free quote online. Our team is ready to install your solar roof ventilation system.