Do you want to brighten up your home without having to keep the lights burning all day? Are you also looking for a smarter way to keep your home well-ventilated and cool without installing an air conditioner? Rising energy costs are forcing more homeowners to seek out alternative sustainable solutions to keeping their homes bright and cool. And luckily, there are many welcome options.
Innovative technology for a comfortable and environmentally friendly home living has resulted in skylight installation and roof ventilation being a viable solution. Solatube is one such brand every homeowner should consider for brightening and cooling their home, the natural way.
Read on to find out how Solatube’s skylights and roof ventilation technology can improve your home environment while saving you money on costly electricity bills every month.
Brighten Your Home Using Daylight Efficiently
Solatube’s skylights have been innovatively designed to capture the sun’s rays more efficiently and use them to brighten up your home. This is done by collecting the sunlight and reflecting it into your rooms. With optimal sunlight diffusion, not only will your home be brighter, but the natural lighting enhances the colours of each room.
Tubular solar skylights are engineered to use innovative reflective materials in their tubes to give you high quality lighting from early morning to sunset. And, if your concern is damaging UV rays and unbearable heat, Solatube has you covered! Their design keeps out harmful UV rays without compromising on efficient use of daylight. Also, they’re designed to draw away heat.
The Benefits of Tubular Skylights
Besides brightening up your home the natural way, what else can you gain from installing tubular skylights?
- Quick installation: These skylights can be installed within two hours with no infrastructure changes.
- Suitable for all room sizes: Solatube’s smaller skylight will brighten a room measuring 14-19 square metres while a larger skylight will give you light coverage of an area measuring 23-28 square metres.
- Effective Daylight Capture Surface: Technology in the dome of the skylight has improved the amount of daylight captured and distributed to a surface area.
- Solar-powered daylight control system: You can manage how much daylight you want filtering into your rooms. This is done through remote-control and even gives you the option of closing the skylight fully during the day and at nighttime.
- Style: You can select a style to suit your home décor. Whether it’s elegance or practicality, pick your style and enhance your home features.
- Energy savings: Installing a tubular skylight will save you up to 94% on energy costs.
With so many benefits, you simply can’t go wrong with installing tubular skylights into your home for brightness and heat control.
Roof Ventilation for a Cooler Home
While tubular skylights have been designed to take advantage of daylight to naturally brighten your home, they’re not designed to ventilate your home. Innovative technology does mean they’ll draw away summer heat but if it’s ventilation you’re after, then you need to explore Solatube’s Solar Star.
Specifically designed to keep your home cool, Solar Star uses solar power to ventilate the cavity of your roof. This results in less heat being trapped in the roof which is often the cause of your home becoming too hot during the summer months.
Using fan technology, this solar roof ventilation system also helps prevent high electricity bills. This is because it operates off solar panels installed on your roof.
The Benefits of Installing Roof Ventilation
Besides keeping your home cool during the hot summer months, you’ll also get other benefits when using roof ventilation:
- Reduces air moisture: Roof ventilation helps to draw away moisture, reducing the level of humidity in your home. You’ll also have fewer problems with mould and fungal build-up caused by moist conditions.
- Easy to install: The motor can be installed within an hour with no damage to your roof structure.
- Ultra-quiet: With whisper-quiet technology, you won’t ever be bothered by noisy fans circulating in your roof.
- Better for security: If your concern is security, then installing roof ventilation means you won’t have to open windows that could let intruders in easily.
- Removes odours: Your home will always smell fresh because unpleasant or stale odours are removed.
If you’re looking for a cost-effective solution to cooling your home, then Solatube’s roof ventilation solution is the way to go.
When installing Solatube skylights or roof ventilation, get the experts in to do the job. Contact us at Belle Skylights on 1300 168 374 or email us at [email protected] for more information. Our installation technicians and consultants are certified by Solatube to assist with all your Solatube enquiries and installation needs.