Have you ever noticed how a window can sometimes cause unpleasant hotspots and glares from the sun throughout the day? Now if you think about it in terms of a skylight in your roof, a skylight diffuser works to disperse soft natural light evenly throughout your living space from your skylights.
In today’s article, we’d like to share with you how these diffusers work and how you can benefit from them. Continue reading to find out how you can get a skylight with a diffuser for your residential or commercial space.
Skylight Diffusers Explained
Skylight diffusers are panels used to disperse the natural light into your room and to prevent harsh glares from the sun. They’re made from acrylic polycarbonate materials, and they come in a wide variety of styles to blend in with your interior décor.
With a diffuser, you can prevent harsh inconsistent daylight in your home. Installing a diffuser over your skylight will allow pure and soft natural light to enter your home evenly because it refracts light in various directions.
How a Skylight Diffuser is Installed
You can get a diffuser lens that fits over your skylight to prevent harsh light from entering a room. Modern diffusers have clips on the side so you can simply clip them into place over your skylight.
The design of the installation makes it easy for you to remove the lens if you want to clean it. Skylight diffusers can be placed over fixed or installations that can open and close. Just note that your skylight installation must be done by a professional for proper flashing and to prevent ceiling damage.
The Benefits of a Skylight Diffuser
There are many benefits a skylight diffuser can provide whether you’re using it in a residential or commercial setting. Take a look at the benefits in this next section:
- Blends in with any design: The Prismatic or Opal skylight diffusers from Belle Skylights blend into any ceiling design. It provides broad diffusion to allow soft natural light into your space. The white ceiling trims present a seamless look that adds to the aesthetics of your ceiling.
- Incredibly durable: Skylight diffusers are made from acrylic and polycarbonate material that won’t crack or tarnish over time. They’re shatter proof, scratch resistant and sturdy.
- Easy to maintain: Modern light diffusers can be removed so you can clean them. To wash your light diffuser, simply use soapy water and then rinse and dry it before reattaching it to your skylight.
- Diffuses light: The main purpose of a skylight diffuser is to gently diffuse the light so that your entire room is lit up with soft natural light as opposed to one spot.
- For round or rectangular designs: Light diffusers can be installed over rounded or rectangular skylights in any size.
Do you want a skylight with a diffuser in your home? Belle Skylight has plenty of options for you to choose from. There are OpalLite and ClearLite options that come with Opal or Prismatic skylight diffusers.
Visit the Belle Skylights website to choose your skylight or call us today on 1300 168 374 to request your free quote on your product and installation.
Belle Skylights does installations for residential and commercial settings. If you’d like to know more about our products email us at [email protected].